I have started the next version of Simplicty 5099. This time it has a V neck (I cut the front on the fold instead of two pieces) with a facing instead of a bias strip. It has longish sleeves and the body is cut 4 1/2 inches longer than the pattern.
The fabric is in a lovely ivory tone with goldy metallic threads running through it. My subtle take on the 'metallic' look that's all the rage this year.
I plan to do simple machine embroidery (width of zig zag) on the neckline, sleeve hems and underbust seam and have been experimenting with colours and stitches. Not sure if soft green, golden orange and deep peach is overdoing things but that would tie it in with the other wardrobe items. I think some more samples are needed to decide before I go ahead.